10 Popular Lies We Believed As Kids In Nigeria
It’s funny how we believed a lot of things as kids. Majority of everything we believed as kids were several concoctions of lies. As an adult, you begin to wonder where these lies originated from. Here are 10 popular lies we believed as kids.
Warning: This is not for Millenials
1) The Indian football team was barred from all football competitions because they used juju to beat Nigeria 99-1
If you’ve not heard this story, you probably belong to the “indomie generation”. It was reported that each time the Indians approach our goal post, our goalkeeper would see a lion instead of a footballer. Chai!!
2) Taking mango and garri together will kill you
You wonder when they became health practitioners to state what kills and doesn’t kill a human,
3) If you lose a milk tooth and it gets seen by a lizard, it would never grow back.
To this, I say LOL.
4) You will do amebo if you eat fowl yansh
If this was true, we all would be amebo by now because we have, at one time or the other, eaten fowl yansh.
5) We were also told whistling in the dark attracts snakes
Snakes should have finished all the sportsmen and fans that engage in sporting activities at night after the referee blows a whistle.
6) You will get pregnant if a guy touches you
This was their own way of preaching abstinence from sex and teaching sex education.
7) Spanking a boy child with a broomstick will make his penis shrink and render him impotent
How can? How’s that even possible?
8) Oversea was in the sky
9) Any food that touches the floor has been eaten by satan
Satan must really be enjoying
10) If you apply Dog tears on your eyes, you will see spirits
Ojuju, ayamatanga, yeye ooo, and so on. Lol.
Which one are we missing? Let’s hear it in the comment section.
If you love this, you will also love THESE
Or attempt some of our TRICKY QUIZZES