Abiola Ajimobi, was a former Nigerian senator and ex-governor of Oyo State. He died on Thursday, 25th of June, 2020 due to complications from COVID-19 related illness.
He died after spending several weeks in the intensive care unit in a private hospital in Lagos. Ajimobi was 70 years old when he passed on
Here are 10 things we know about the late ex-governor
1) He was a native of Ibadan.
2) He was born on December 16, 1949 to the Ajimobi family of Ibadan at Oja-Iba, Ibadan.
3) He completed his primary education at Ibadan City Council Primary School, Aperin.
4) He studied Business Administration and Finance at the State University of New York, in Buffalo.
5) He got married to Florence Ajimobi in 1980.
6) He had five children.
7) He was a senator from 2003 to 2007.
8) He was the first Oyo State governor to serve two terms (2011-2019).
9) He lost the Oyo South senatorial district seat to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Kola Balogun, in 2019.
10) He was named the Acting National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) last week but never resumed.