11 Adulthood scams your parents should have told you about
Adulthood is a scam! You were so much in a hurry to grow up and leave your parent’s house. Now you are grown and wished you were a kid again. You missed those days when life was simple, when all you only thought about was food, sleep, and play.
There are a significant number of things you should have known while growing up.
Nobody, not even your parents, ever disclosed to you the scam about adulthood. But we will tell you.
Here are 11 scams you should have known about adulthood
1. You’re going to spend a lot of time figuring stuff out
You know how you were a child and you wanted to be a doctor, lawyer and so on? And mummy and daddy was always there to assist you with your schoolwork? Life looked easy until reality slaps you in the face. You would spend the most part of your adult life figuring out stuff.
2. They don’t tell you that you will suffer alone sometimes
That you won’t be able to share everything as you used to when you were younger, you won’t be able to throw tantrums and break things because you now have responsibilities, you now have commitments, you now have people who count on you for strength so you can’t really break, you can’t share your struggles, you have to always pretend that things are normal.
3. Life is Hard
4. They don’t tell you that growing up is a project you’ll have to work on for the rest of your life.
…but the good news is, you’ll always find within you what it takes to complete the project. You’ll always find within you what it takes to do it yourself.
5. They don’t tell you that love gets more complicated as you get older
You probably grew up watching romantic movies and fantasizing about your love life. Love is nothing like you see in movies. It’s more complicated than what you see on your screen.
READ ALSO: 11 Weird Stuff We All Do Secretly
6. They don’t tell you that growing up is a lot tougher than you think
But so are you.
7. Make Your Health a Priority, Not an Option
That’s why we ate so much junks growing up and thought we were enjoying life.
READ ALSO: Top 10 Annoying Habits Nigerians Have
8. They don’t tell you about heartbreaks
It doesn’t matter who you are or where you are from, you would experience one or two heartbreaks in your adult life.
9. They don’t tell you about money and personal finances
They don’t tell how to save and keep money until you find yourself in debt every now and then.
10. They don’t tell you about BILLS
You pay so much bills and you wonder if all you came to this world to do is pay bills.
11. All will “not always” be well
All will be well. You go dey alright las las.
Which other Adulthood scam are we missing? Let us know in the comment section.
LIKE WHAT YOU JUST READ? READ MORE RELATED CONTENT HERE
CAN YOU ANSWER THESE TRICKY QUIZZES? CLICK HERE