Read below Davido’s Biography, Net worth, Family, Personal Life And Cars 2020
David Adeleke was born in Atlanta Georgia, US, on Nov. 21, 1992 to Adedeji Adeleke and Vero Adeleke as the last child of five. His father, Adedeji Adeleke is a Nigerian Business mogul and his mother Vero, a University Lecturer.
She passed on to glory on March 3, 2003.
The music producer and songwriter is popularly referred to as Davido, Baddest, and ‘Omo Baba Olowo’ (OBO) after his debut studio album.
Davido began his music career at the Oakwood University, and thereafter rose to stardom after releasing his second single ‘Dami duro’. In 2017, in the same year, Davido received the MOBO Awards as the Best African Acts and he became the first African artist to perform live at the awards.
The following year, Davido became the first African-based artist to receive the BET Awards on its main stage.
Davido attended British International School, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria, and moved to Oakwood University, Huntsville, Alabama, to study Business Administration.
Davido Early Career
While he was at Oakwood University, due to his musical interest, he got some musical equipment so he could produce beats and record his own songs. At some point, he dropped out of school because his grades were badly affected and he thereafter relocated to Nigeria.
In 2011, Davido relocated to promote his career in music but encountered challenges convincing his dad.
In his family, the children are expected to join the family business after school, but Davido chose a different career path entirely.
After mutual agreement with his father, he enrolled in Babcock University, Ogun state, and finally graduated in 2015.
Before the release of ‘Dami duro’, Davido released his first single ‘Back When’ featuring Naeto C. The song was an instant hit. The video was shot by Clarence Peters in London, and on Oct.30, 2011, he released ‘Dami Duro’.
The single was co-produced with Shizzi which was shot by Clarence, but this time, in Lagos.
Dami Duro’s video was released Jan. 2012, and it became the talk of the town and gained massive media airplay
Omo Baba Olowo (OBO)
Davido released his debut studio album on July 17, 2012, Omo Baba Olowo which means, the child of a wealthy man under HKN Music Record Label.
Davido, as the executive producer of OBO, worked with other producers like Jay Sleek, Spellz, Maleek Berry, and others. The album featured popular artists like Sina Rambo, Ice Prince, Kay Switch, B-Red, 2 Face and Naeto C.
The album has seven singles – Back When (2011), Dami Duro (2011), Ekuro (2012), Overseas (2012), All Of You (2012), Gbon Gbon (2012) and Fell Alright (2012).
The first four singles were released prior to the release of the album.
Omo Baba Olowo incorporates afro-pop and afrobeat sounds with hip hop.
The album won the Best R&B/Pop Album at the Headies 2013.
Davido Other Songs and Year Released
2011 Omo Baba Olowo, Back When (featuring Naeto C)
2012 Ekuro, Overseas (featuring Sina Rambo), Gbon Gbon, All of You, Feel Alright (featuring Ice Prince)
2013 One of a Kind, Gobe, Skelewu,
2014 Aye, Tchelete (Goodlife) (featuring Mafikizolo)
2015 Dodo, Fans Mi (featuring Meek Mill), Owo Ni Koko, The Sound (featuring Uhuru and DJ Buckz), The Money (featuring Olamide), Gbagbe Oshi
2016 How Long (featuring Tinashe), Coolest Kid in Africa (featuring Nasty C),
2017 If, Fall, pere (featuring Rae Sremmurd and Young Thug), Like Dat
2018 Flora My Flawa, Assurance, Nwa Baby, Wonder Woman, Blow My Mind (featuring Chris Brown)
READ ALSO: Tacha’s Biography And Fun Facts
Davido Studio albums and EPs
Omo Baba Olowo (2012)
Son of Mercy (2016)
A Good Time (2019)
Other Business Deals
Apart from being born into a wealthy, Davido also has some houses in Nigeria and US.
Davido has sealed robust endorsement deals, and he is a brand ambassador to AXE, Travelbeta, and some huge brands like Pepsi, MTN, etc.
On April 6, 2012, it was reported that Davido signed an endorsement deal of N30 million with MTN, the largest mobile network in Africa. Davido was also unveiled as the face of MTN Pulse, a marketing campaign that is targetted at youths in Nigeria.
On Oct. 24, 2013, he was also endorsed by Guinness Nigeria where he performed in the company’s ‘World of More Concert’, alongside other top Nigerian Music Artiste like Olamide, Wizkid, Tiwa Savage, D’banj and many more.
On May 9, 2018, he was reported to have signed an endorsement deal with Infinix mobile, a Hong-Kong based smartphone manufacturer.
Davido and his elder brother Adewale Adeleke, both founded HKN. Today, the record label has signed many artistes.
Davido has also produced for numerous artists like Skales, Tiwa Savage, Naeto C, and many more.
Davido Music WorldWide (DMW)
Davido founded his own record label, DMW, in 2016. The label was founded shortly after he was signed unto Sony Music.
Davido is regarded as one of the charitable celebrities out of Nigeria. He is known for giving out cash prizes as giveaways on social media. Davido also supports people in need of financial assistance.
Davido Networth Forbes
Although there’s no report of Davido’s Net worth on Forbes, but other media platforms estimate Davido’s Networth to be $25 million.
Davido Personal Life
Currently, Davido is engaged to Chioma Avril Rowland and they have a son, David Adeleke, J, He is also the father of two daughters – Aurora Imade Adeleke and Hailey Veronica Adeleke
Davido’s New House
Davido purchased a house in May 2020. The beautiful mansion is situated in Banana Island. According to youtuber Tayo Aina, Davido’s new Mansion is worth 1.5 Million dollars
Davido’s Private Jet
Davido is known for displaying his wealth on social media. He often shares images of him flying in a private jet. The private jet was offered to him by his father.
Davido’s Cars (Photos)
Davido has several exotic cars. He has a Porsche, Rolls Royce, and other exotic cars
READ ALSO: 11 Weird Stuff We All Do Secretly
Davido Awards and Recognitions
- Best Newcomer Award, Kora awards, 2012
- Best International Act: Africa, BET Awards, 2014
- Promising Youth Artist, Dynamix All Youth, 2011
- Best Male West African, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
- Artists of the Year, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
- Best Male Artiste of the Year, MTV Africa Music Awards, 2014
- African Artiste of the Year, Ghana Music Awards, 2014
- Musician of the Year (Male), City People Entertainments Awards, 2014
- Artiste of the Year, The Headies, 2018
- Artiste of the Year, The Headies, 2014
- Hip Hop World Revelation, The Headies, 2013
- Next Rated, The Headies, 2012
- Male Artist of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- Best Pop/R&B Artiste of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- Best New Act of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2012
Awards And Recognitions For His Songs
- Music Video of the Year‘Aye’ Ben TV Awards, 2014
- Song of the Year, ‘Back When’Dynamix Youth, 2011
- Most Gifted Newcomer Video of the Year, ‘Dami Duro’Channel O Music Video Awards, 2012
- Best Afro Pop Video ‘Aye’Nigeria Music Video Awards, 2014
- Song of the Year ‘Aye’The Headies 2014
- Song of the Year and Best Pop Single, ‘If’The Headies 2018
- Best R&B/Pop Album ‘Omo Baba Olowo’, The Headies 2013
- Hottest Single of the Year‘Dami Duro’ Nigeria Entertainments Awards, 2012
- Best Collaboration ‘Gallardo’Runtown featured Davido, Nigeria Entertainments Awards, 2014
- Hottest Single of the Year, ‘Aye’Nigeria Entertainments Awards, 2014
- Best Collabo of the Year‘Carolina’ Saucekid featured Davido, 2012
- Best Video by a New Artist (Live beats Choice) ‘Dami Duro’Nigeria Entertainments Awards, 2012
HEY! CHECK THIS OUT
CAN YOU ANSWER THESE TRICKY QUIZZES? CLICK HERE